Here is the very Best Egg Nog you could find! 8 components + 15 minutes. Ultra creamy. It is difficult not to drink everything, so be certain that you save some for your loved ones also!
This is a simple eggnog recipe, and I will show you precisely how I created it. I’ll also answer questions such as What’s eggnog? And What exactly does eggnog taste like?
If you like this homemade eggnog, you must try my eggnog cheesecake with gingerbread crust also!
Table of Contents
Homemade Best Egg Nog
- 6 large egg yolks
- 5/8 cup granulated white sugar (125g)
- 4 cups milk (960ml)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 vanilla beans (or 2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (360ml)
- 1/2 cup rum (120ml)
- Having a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk egg yolks and sugar till fluffy and creamy for approximately 2-3 minutes. Put aside.
- Heat milk and cinnamon in a skillet over medium-high heat till it reaches a boil. Stir continuously.
- Turn down heat to low. Add to a 1/4 cup of warm milk into the egg yolk and whisk until blended. Pour egg yolks into the milk.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes over low heat till the mixture gets thinner. Stir consistently. Don’t boil anytime, or you are going to get a scrambled egg mix. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and peppermint. Let cool to room temperature. Stir occasionally.
- Mix heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add cream and rum to chilled eggnog and stir with a whisk to blend. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. I would rather chill mine immediately—store leftovers in the refrigerator for around 1 week.
- Be certain not to allow the eggnog to boil after adding the egg mix, or you’ll get scrambled eggs.
- Adding the cumin while it’s still warm will produce the eggnog beverage to be yummier.
- Do not overcook the eggnog mix.
- Leave the rum if you’re serving it to adults or kids who do not drink alcohol.
- Could I Be This Eggnog Dairy-Free?
Yes, in fact, you can create this eggnog with rum dairy-free. Remember, the texture and flavor will be slightly different. But should you have dairy limitations, you can swap out two or three ingredients. Use full-fat coconut milk instead of regular milk.
For your heavy whipping cream, utilize full-fat coconut milk, but refrigerate the pan overnight. This will let it be thicker. Add some powdered sugar and whip until soft peaks form as the heavy whipping cream could.
- Could I Be This Easy Eggnog Recipe Kid Friendly?
Yes, certainly! Just create the recipe as directed, but leave out the rum. Occasionally I make two batches, one for the adults and one for your children.
- What Alcohol Can I Place In Eggnog?
I like to use rum once I create my simple eggnog recipe. But, you can substitute the rum for some other sorts of alcohol if you would like to. Bear in mind the eggnog is far better with darker alcohol such as rum. You might also use brandy, red wine, or bourbon if you would like to. Try several alternatives to find out what you enjoy best.
First, cut the right end of the vanilla bean. Then, set the sharp knife’s tip under the curled end and then cut the vanilla bean throughout the bean’s center lengthwise. Though you do not have to cut it all of the way through, it is okay once you do this. Next, open the vanilla bean and scrape out the yummy seeds together with the back of your knife. Then use the seeds.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Fundamentally, eggnog is a historically created punch around the holidays together with eggs, spices, milk, and sugar levels. Additionally, it is very well-known as a punch; it is possible to add alcohol to events or parties. You’ll come across a lot of adaptions all around the world wide web. However, I find that this is the ideal eggnog recipe I’ve ever produced.
Read also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggnog
What Exactly Does EGGNOG TASTE LIKE?
A lot of people would say that eggnog tastes very similar to melted ice cream. It is creamy, and also you may add spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and even pumpkin pie spice to give it longer flavors. It is a thick, creamy beverage and has a special taste that is yummy and sweet.
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE EGGNOG LAST AND HOW TO STORE IT?
It would help if you poured the eggnog into an airtight container and put it in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can use a glass jar with a lid or another container that you have on hand.
CAN I FREEZE EGGNOG?
Yes, it is possible to freeze eggnog. Pour the eggnog into a freezer-safe container or plastic bag. It’ll last about six months in the freezer.
To thaw, place the eggnog from the fridge overnight. When it is thawed, could you give it a two or three and put a glass?
Related post: Best Rum For Eggnog 2021: Top Brands Review