Table of Contents Hide
Whirpool and LG are two of the most well-known manufacturers of home appliances around the world. Both of them manufacture a wide range of appliances such as televisions, washing machines, refrigerators, and many more. In this post, we’ll be focusing on their refrigerators and go in-depth into a side by side refrigerator from each brand to find out the best one that you should consider purchasing. But before we start talking about the refrigerators at length, let’s talk a little bit more about why side by side refrigerators are so beneficial.
One of the most common complaints that users of conventional refrigerators with bottom or top freezers have is that they have to constantly bend over to reach for refrigerated items that they frequently use. With a side by side refrigerator, this complaint is totally resolved, as it allows a user to store frequently-used items at eye level, which means that you don’t have to strain your back every time you open the fridge.
Apart from this, a side by side refrigerator also offers some more practical benefits. For instance, it needs less distance than a conventional refrigerator in front of it to open the doorways completely. It also has way more storage space than traditional bottom-freezer and top-freezer refrigerators.
So, now that you know how side by side refrigerators are better than conventional refrigerators let’s take a deep dive into Whirlpool and LG’s flagship offerings in the side by side category.
Whirlpool vs LG Refrigerators
1. The LG LSXS26366S – 36″ – 26 cu feet
The LG LSXS2636S is an absolute beast of a side by side refrigerator in terms of size. It’s a 26 cubic foot refrigerator that employs a doorway indoor layout. The first feature of this refrigerator that’s sure to amaze you is its door-in-door compartment, which is an additional storage area between the inner and outer doors allowing owners to store their most frequently-consumed beverages and snacks. The ColdSaver Panel, which is now a feature on LG’s most high-end refrigerators, helps the fridge to retain cold air and prevents air loss.
The frozen and fresh sections of the fridge feature tempered glass shelves and there’s a brand new food section on offer as well, which consist of several doors and two crisper bins. Some of the other highlights include an in-door ice maker along with a space-saving ice and water dispenser.
LG offers a warranty of ten years on the linear scooter, five years on the sealed system and one year on labor and parts. All in all, it’s a side by side refrigerator with a whole host of features that’s sure to make your life a lot more convenient and simple.
- LED light
- Door-in-door layout with ColdSaver panel
- In-door SpacePlus ice-maker
- Additional storage in the freezer shelving area
- Smart Cooling
- LoDecibel Quiet Operation
- Auto-closing door hinge
- Dimensions: Length: 35.87”, Breadth: 36.3”, Height: 70.25”
See also: Samsung vs Whirlpool Refrigerators.
2. The Whirlpool WRS325SDHZ – 36″ – 24.6 cu feet
The Whirlpool WRS325SDHZ is an incredible product from a brand that’s garnered a reputation for manufacturing some of the best performers as far as side by side refrigerators are concerned. It features a fingerprint-resistant stainless steel build and is available in multiple color and finish options such as black, white, and stainless steel.
Even though its 24.6 cubic foot capacity falls a little short of the 26 cubic foot capacity of the LG fridge that we previously reviewed, it’s still got a lot of space. The thickness of the fridge is also slightly smaller, which means that it won’t stick out too much from the counter.
Some of the other top features that this fridge has include the outdoor ice and water dispenser with LED night-light, a deli drawer, adjustable gallon door bins, and frame-less glass shelves, which help immensely in optimizing the available storage room. There’s also an Adaptive Defrost program that powers the freezer by calculating variables such as the frequency of opening the doorway. This feature allows for better refrigeration compared to other refrigerators where timers are included but deliver disappointing results.
ADA-compliance is also a massive positive for this fridge, which makes it the perfect addition to the kitchen of a household that has members with physical disabilities. The best thing about this refrigerator is that despite its wide array of features, it’s still quite reasonable.
- Ice and Water Dispenser with EveryDrop Water Filtration
- LED light
- Up-front digital temperature controls
- Dimensions: Length: 35.875”, Breadth: 33.625”, Height: 33.625”
- Look & Feel: Both the refrigerators offer the same level of exterior design and have similar features like the water dispenser. However, the LG fridge slightly edges out the Whirlpool model because of its sleek and ultra-modern exteriors.
- Storage Options: No in-door ice storage is available on the Whirlpool refrigerator, which means that the LG fridge fares better in optimizing the available storage space. However, the crisper and deli drawers do manage to give users alternatives. The door-in-door alternative on the LG model is nice but all in all, both models do provide a range of storage options to users.
- Warranty: LG’s warranty is a bit better than what Whirlpool offers, simply because it covers the compressor.
Overall, the LG model offers slightly more than the Whirlpool in terms of features. However, it also comes at a higher cost, so ultimately, which one you opt for depends on what features you’d want to have and of course, how much you’re willing to spend for them.