Table of Contents Hide
- Top 10 Greatest Breakfast Sausage Brands of 2021
- Applegate Naturals Classic Pork
- Jimmy Dean Original Pork & Turkey Heat and Drink
- Aidell’s Chicken and Apple Breakfast Links
- Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage
- Johnsonville Original Recipe
- Fra’mani Mattinata
- Wellshire All Natural Fully Cooked Original Pork Sausage
- Trader Joe’s Bavarian Bratwurst Nuremberg Sausage
- Al Fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage
- Banquet Brown ‘N Serve Original
- How To Make Breakfast Sausage?
- What Sort Of Meat Is Used In Breakfast Sausage?
- Ideas For Cooking Breakfast Sausage
- Helpful Tips and Tricks
Sausages make for an amazing mini-feast when included in your breakfast menu. When served with your regular toast and eggs, your breakfast becomes nicely heavy and nutritious to get you through the day. Step into any departmental store you will the best breakfast sausage brands lined up in the frozen foods section. Pick any of these brands and start a healthy breakfast regimen loaded with essential proteins and nutrients.
The fully-cooked, ready-to-serve breakfast sausages you see in departmental stores are generally made from pork. However, you find various other alternatives, such as poultry, beef, turkey or any other seasoned and ground meat rich in protein. Before you choose the best breakfast sausage brand, you should know that sausages differ from country to country. Some are cured to be served readily, while others go through additional steps before being packaged. Some are smoked and seasoned with herbs, while other are flavored with a fruity touch.
With so many different breakfast sausage brands deluging the marketplace these days, it can be quite confusing to make a choice. Fret not, because here’s a list of the top breakfast sausage brands that can make it a lot easier for you to. Here it goes:
Top 10 Greatest Breakfast Sausage Brands of 2021
Applegate Naturals Classic Pork
If pork is your preferred sausage meat, then the Apple Naturals Classic Pork sausages definitely deserves to be on the list of top breakfast sausages. The most appealing part about these sausages that they give you the perfect homemade taste with their peppery and spicy seasoning. To name a few spices, they have black pepper, sage, red pepper, white pepper and ginger. The fresh flavors make it a tender and refreshing choice for breakfast. Loaded with the right portions of sodium, fat, calories and proteins, you can certainly add these sausages to your daily breakfast menu to get a good dose of health-boosting nutrients.
- Applegate, Natural Classic Pork Breakfast Sausage, 7oz (Frozen)
- No Antibiotics or Added Hormones
Jimmy Dean Original Pork & Turkey Heat and Drink
The best nutrients of two protein-rich meats, pork and turkey, come together in this amazingly convenient heat-and-serve sausage package. Jimmy Dean has always met world-class standards in all meat products that it curates, making it one of the best breakfast sausage brands in the marketplace. Containing tender pork, turkey, water, soy protein concentrate, sugar, salt, spices and a variety of nutritious ingredients, these pre-cooked sausage come in a re-sealable bag. Having this among the other best breakfast sausage will surely brighten up your mornings. Your breakfast becomes a lot easier to prepare and more appealing to your taste buds.
Aidell’s Chicken and Apple Breakfast Links
Another amongst the top breakfast sausage brands is the Aidell’s Chicken and Apple Breakfast Sausage. This pack of is healthy in each serving. The ready-to-serve pack of sausages has quickly appealed to the taste buds of meat-lovers owing to their smoky and sweet flavor. You can eat them right after taking them out of their can, either serving them as an appetizer or adding them to your culinary creations. Since they don’t require cooking, they make for a quick breakfast additions for people who are always on the go in the morning.
Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage
Some of the best breakfast sausage brands tend to overdo their calorie portions, but the Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage is the perfect pick for anyone looking for a low-calories breakfast. Known for their bold flavors, these pre-cooked turkey sausages have potato starch, and are rightly curated to supply protein and lesser fat at each serving. The best part is that they are free of gluten, preservatives or fillers, thereby making them a much healthier option compared many other breakfast sausage brands in the freezer section of stores.
Johnsonville Original Recipe
The Johnsonville Original Recipe for breakfast sausages can make your morning feast a nutritious one. This is one of the best breakfast sausage brands because of the sheer reason that they carry tender meats, along with a range of natural ingredients. Pork, corn syrup, dextrose, beef collagen casing and many natural flavor come together to create this amongst the top breakfast sausages that give you a good amount of sodium, calories, and proteins. You may find them slightly oily, but you are sure to love its agreeable and light taste.
The Fra’mani Mattinata breakfast sausages is amongst the top breakfast sausages thanks to its ingredients, such as pork, sea salt, water, spices, lamb casing and dextrose. These premium sausages are seasoned perfectly with sage and red pepper, and have the umami taste that will make you drool. They are fully-cooked and stuffed into natural lamb casing to give you an easy, well-loaded breakfast to get you through your day. You can find them quite healthy an option for baking, frying and grilling because they are free of gluten, MSG or milk products.
Wellshire All Natural Fully Cooked Original Pork Sausage
The whole food markets today are seeing the buzz around the Wellshire All Natural Fully Cooked Original Pork Sausage brand. You can count these pork sausages amongst the best breakfast sausage brands because of their mouth-watering taste and authentic texture. The surety of their health-preserving aspects comes from the fact that they are made from animals that are fed grain diet and raised humanely. This ready-to-serve, fully-cooked pack of sausages make for a quick breakfast option for people whose mornings are always busy.
Trader Joe’s Bavarian Bratwurst Nuremberg Sausage
If there’s an equivalent to hot dogs for Bavarians, then it’s Bratwurst. They are very omnipresent snacking options that are available in all sizes and shapes. Anyone walking around the streets of Germany can be seen relishing them. Trader Joe’s Bavarian Bratwurst Nuremberg Sausage is somewhat an ideal option for people on the go. Typical ingredients of these breakfast sausages include pork, salt, dextrose, natural flavoring extracts, and a range of edible acids. The salty taste they bear can stimulate the taste buds of many meat-lovers. If you are following a keto diet or atkins diet, then you will find this one of the best breakfast sausage brands to lay your hands on.
Al Fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage
The taste of poultry items often go understated, but when coupled with ingredients such as maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, dried apples and other sweet flavors, you will get what you crave for your breakfast. The Al Fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage falls among the top breakfast sausage brands because of its pleasant flavor and taste that all its ingredients create. These sausages are packed with protein and are perfect for breakfast sandwiches, casseroles and omelets. You can quickly heat them on the stove, microwave or grill them and enjoy a delicious and healthy breakfast.
Banquet Brown ‘N Serve Original
Prepare a wholesome breakfast with the Banquet Brown ‘N Serve Original sausages, which is counted amongst the best breakfast sausage. These fully-cooked sausages are extremely easy to make, and will perfectly fit your busy morning routine. They are juicy and are loaded with ingredients, such as pork, turkey, soy protein concentrate, water, sugar, salt, citric acid, BHT, BHA and flavoring—all of which are curated to a healthy proportion. The salty taste of these sausages will surely win your heart.
Read more: Best Breakfast Tacos: Top Guide 2021
How To Make Breakfast Sausage?
For most of you, making breakfast sausage may be a completely new affair. You may have always been reluctant to try it out because you lack knowledge of the various ways in which you can consume it. After getting the best breakfast sausage, it’s natural to feel clueless about coming up with a recipe that would be loved by all. The morning hours are quite busy for most people, and anything that’s easy to prepare and delicious at the same time will surely come to save the day.
Making breakfast sausage is not as daunting as most people think it to be. In reality, it’s fairly easy and simple. You are pretty much in control of the taste because you can play around with the mix of spices. If you are looking for the best breakfast sausage recipe, then here’s one that includes ground pork and turkey and some really taste-enhancing spices:
- Dried sage — 2 teaspoons
- Salt—2 teaspoons
- Ground black pepper—1 teaspoon
- Dried marjoram—1/4 teaspoon
- Brown sugar—1 tablespoon
- Ground cloves—1 pinch
- Red pepper flakes—1/8 teaspoon
- Ground pork and turkey—1 pound each
- Mix all the spices in a bowl and keep it aside. Take a big bowl and put a pound each of ground pork and turkey. Season the meats with your usual spices.
- Blend the meats and spices properly till everything combines well. Use your hands to form the shape of patties. In case you are not comfortable touching raw meat, then you can use a large spoon for the purpose of mixing.
- Take a large skillet and put it on medium high heat. Once it’s hot, take the blend of meats and spices and place them on the pan. Cook the patties for five minutes each side. You can also cook it until the pork reaches 73 degree Celsius or 160 degree Fahrenheit.
Once cooked, you can serve these sausages hot for breakfast. Just make sure not to add more oil to the frying pan before cooking the sausages. The natural fats contained in the pork are sufficient for delicious cooking. Satisfactorily browning both sides of the patties should be enough to ascertain that they have cooked well and spices are properly dispersed over the meat.
What Sort Of Meat Is Used In Breakfast Sausage?
Breakfast sausage, also known as country sausage is usually made of pork in the United States. However, you also get some of the best breakfast sausage recipes having a combination of ground pork, ground turkey and ground beef. The most common combination of meats for making breakfast sausage is ground pork and ground turkey. These two meats come together to give the perfect taste. Moreover, they are seasoned heavily with a variety of spices, such as thyme, sage, pepper and salt to name a few. You can even find breakfast sausages that are seasoned with taste-enhancing maple syrup or cured bacon.
Ideas For Cooking Breakfast Sausage
Breakfast sausage can be consumed as a dish by itself or added to other culinary creations. Below are a few ideas you should consider while using breakfast sausage:
- Make egg-sausage burritos for a light and toothsome breakfast that includes spinach, garlic and tomatoes added to scrambled eggs and egg whites.
- Make a filling breakfast hash that includes sausages, eggs, veggies and maple syrup.
- Prepare a combination of pancakes and sausages for a tasty and thrifty breakfast.
- Prepare of bowl of spicy sausage and apple casserole for a heavy breakfast or brunch for your family.
- Make Bacon-Sausage Quiche Tarts to make your special celebrations at home even more special.
- Get the comforting flavor for breakfast with a maple sausage patties that contains thyme, sage, maple syrup and liquid smoke.
Read also: Best Smoked Sausage Review 2021
Helpful Tips and Tricks
Below are a few useful tips and kinds of equipment you should know about while making breakfast sausage:
- The pieces of equipment that you need for making breakfast sausage includes a grinder, a food mixer and a stuffer. A grinder is used to pulverize the meat. A food mixed is optional but proves handy while mixing the meat and other ingredients. Lastly, the stuffer forces the sausages into the casing after preparation.
- When you are crafting out your patties, you should use a somewhat mounded, three-tablespoon shovel.
- A skillet is usually a commonly preferred option while making breakfast sausage. But using a Dutch oven can help you avoid splattering and ultimately the mess in your kitchen.
- You can soak the natural casing of your sausage in vinegar-laden water for more puffiness and tenderness.
- You may want to reduce the fat content in your breakfast sausage, but it’s the fat that lend the desired flavor to your preparation. Moreover, the fat makes it easier to cook the meat without adding extra oil.
- Pork sausage requires proper cuts of the belly, shoulder, and head trim. Beef sausage calls for flank or chuck. Chicken sausage requires the leg including the skin.
By now, you have got an idea of the top breakfast sausage brands. Making homemade breakfast sausage is easy and it makes for a healthy, protein-rich meal to kick-start your morning routine. Be it hectic workday mornings or leisure trips, breakfast sausage will surely add to the nutritional quotient of your morning diet.
Last update on 2021-07-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API