Table of Contents Hide
- Top Rated Frozen Dinners Brands
- 1. Hip Chick Farms Organic Chicken Fingers
- 2. So Right Szechuan Style Kung Pao Chicken
- 3. Annie’s Organic Vegan Mac
- 4. Kidfresh Spaghetti Loops + Meat Sauce
- 5. Kashi Original Whole Grain Waffles
- 6. Caulipower Margherita Cauliflower-Crust Pizza
- 7. Evol Fire Grilled Steak
- 8. Amy’s Light in Sodium Black Bean Vegetable Enchilada Entree
- 9. Amy’s Lean and Light Swedish Meatballs Meal
- 10. Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Mac & Cheese
- 11. Kashi Creamy Cashew Noodle Bowl
- 12. Great Food Made Easy Turkey Meatball
- 13. Healthy Choice Power Bowls Chicken Feta & Farro
- 14. Saffron Road Chicken Pad Thai with Rice Noodles
- 15. 365 Everyday Value Organic Spinach & Feta Individualized Size Pizza
- 16. Evol Hawaiian Style Grilled Chicken
- 17. Chicken Tikka Masala
- 18. Amy’s: Broccoli & Cauliflower In Cheese Sauce
- 19. Devour: Buffalo Mac & Cheese
- 20. Trader Joe’s: Trader Giotto’s Mushroom Ravioli
- 21. Trader Joe’s: Joe’s Diner Mac & Cheese
Are family dinners important to you? Do you barely get any time to cook a full-fledged meal for your entire family? Between the stress of our modern workplaces and dashing around throughout the day to get tasks done, we often pay little attention to family dinners and end up eating just about anything.
If yours is one such family, you might be losing out on precious family time. This is where Frozen Family Dinners can come to your rescue. No matter the season or the time of the day, these frozen family dinners can help you create a marvelous meal for your family and also provide them all the nutrients that they need for the day.
Top Rated Frozen Dinners Brands
1. Hip Chick Farms Organic Chicken Fingers
There’s no better way to have a healthy family meal than having something organic and nutritious. Hip Chick Farms Organic Chicken Fingers are made with organic ingredients certified by the USDA. The chickens that are used to prepare this frozen dinner are fed only an organic vegetarian feed and the panko breadcrumbs used to coat the chicken fingers are organic as well.
- KRAFT MACARONI & CHEESE: One 18 ct box of Kraft Easy Mac Original Macaroni & Cheese Microwavable Dinner Single Serve Packets
- QUICK & EASY: Simply empty one mac and cheese pouch into a cup or bowl, add water and microwave for 3.5 to 4 minutes
2. So Right Szechuan Style Kung Pao Chicken
Looking for Asian-inspired dinners that can be made in a jiffy and your entire family can enjoy? The So Right Szechuan Style Kung Pao Chicken is one of the best frozen family dinners for you to try out. The chicken used in this frozen dinner is organic and can be prepared in under three minutes.The Kung Pao Chicken also comes with loads of yummy vegetables such as carrots, bell peppers and broccoli. The entire dish is served with delicious brown rice.
3. Annie’s Organic Vegan Mac
Generally, frozen dinners get a lot of bad rap owing to how healthy some of them can be. This is why you must try out the vegan frozen dinner option, Annie’s Organic Vegan Mac. One of the most wholesome frozen family dinners, the Annie’s Organic Vegan Mac is made with only organic and vegan ingredients. This means that it does not have synthetic flavors or artificial colors at all.
- Annie’s Cheddar Gluten Free Mac and Cheese Dinner with Rice Pasta makes dinner time easy, so you spend less time cooking and more time with your little bunnies
- A wholesome alternative to classic macaroni and cheese made with gluten free rice macaroni and the creamy yumminess of real cheese
4. Kidfresh Spaghetti Loops + Meat Sauce
If you have got kids at home who are extremely picky eaters and you don’t have the time to whip up dishes according to your tastes and preferences, you need to look for something that’s kid-friendly and tasty for them. The Kidfresh Spaghetti Loops + Meat Sauce frozen dinner is incredibly nutritious since it does not come with any artificial ingredients. The beef is ground up well inside the tomato sauce and all nutritious vegetables are hidden in the same making it ideal for picky eaters.
5. Kashi Original Whole Grain Waffles
Always wanted to have breakfast for dinner but know that it can be quite unhealthy? One of the best breakfasts that you can have as dinners is waffles and the Kashi Original Whole Grain Waffles are the perfect frozen dinners for you to try out. All you need to do is pop these waffles in a microwave or toaster to warm them up and you can have warm whole grains waffles in under minutes. The Kashi Original Whole Grain Waffles are one of the best frozen family dinners if you are looking to add variety to your dinners and try something different.
6. Caulipower Margherita Cauliflower-Crust Pizza
Pizza everyday can be very unhealthy for you and your family which is why adding some cauliflowers to your pizzas can turn it around to be a healthy dish. The Caulipower Margherita Cauliflower-Crust Pizza has a crust made with cauliflowers along with toppings of cauliflowers as well. These cauliflower toppings are paired with vine-ripened tomatoes, parmesan and mozzarella cheese. This crunchy and crispy cauliflower margherita pizza is one of the healthiest frozen family dinners.
7. Evol Fire Grilled Steak
Steaks can be quite a lavish dinner whether you grill them at home or go out to a restaurant to enjoy one. Plus, if you have a large family, feeding them all steaks can become even more costly. This is where Evol Fire Grilled Steak comes into play. You get a bowl of grilled steak coupled with white rice, roasted corn, black beans, bell peppers, cilantro lime pesto and cheddar cheese.
8. Amy’s Light in Sodium Black Bean Vegetable Enchilada Entree
Looking for a Mexican-style dinner that’s also low in sodium? We recommend trying out Amy’s Light in Sodium Black Bean Vegetable Enchilada Entree. This frozen dinner is also low in cholesterol and sodium. Now, you can enjoy spicy Mexican enchiladas without worrying about it being unhealthy for you and your family. Since the frozen dinner is low on cholesterol and sodium, Amy’s Light in Sodium Black Bean Vegetable Enchilada Entree is also very safe for kids to have. This dish is also free of gluten and dairy and is 100% vegan.
9. Amy’s Lean and Light Swedish Meatballs Meal
Another fantastic frozen meal from Amy’s, the Lean and Light Swedish Meatballs Meal is quite a showstopper. Amy’s Lean and Light Swedish Meatballs Meal is made with tofu, lentils, organic quinoa and flax seeds. The pasta and broccoli included in this dish are also grown organically. All you need to do is pop the meal into an oven for three to four minutes and your healthy organic Swedish meatballs dish is ready.
10. Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Mac & Cheese
Mac and Cheese is a comfort food for thousands of people but eating this dish quite regularly can be very unhealthy. Owing to the high amounts of cheese in this meal, you can gain a lot of weight. This is where Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Mac & Cheese can help you out. The cheese used in this frozen dinner has reduced calories so you won’t need to worry about intaking more calories than recommended.
11. Kashi Creamy Cashew Noodle Bowl
The Kashi Creamy Cashew Noodle Bowl is an Asian-inspired frozen dinner that is made using semolina and buckwheat noodles. The creamy cashew sauce used in this is completely vegan which makes it an excellent healthy option for not just adults but also kids. It is also non-GMO verified.
- Six 10 oz. microwave trays of HORMEL COMPLEATS Chicken Alfredo is a a classic dish ready in 60 seconds – it’s America’s no.1 shelf stable tray
- Made with high quality ingredients and homestyle recipes HORMEL COMPLEATS Chicken Alfredo has roasted white meat chicken and penne pasta in creamy Alfredo sauce - it’s big on flavor and a big value
12. Great Food Made Easy Turkey Meatball
The Great Food Made Easy Turkey Meatball is made with lean protein which makes it one of the best frozen family dinners. The vegetables included in this dish are organic and the entire meal is served with whole grain rice making it incredibly tasty and healthy for eaters of all age groups.
13. Healthy Choice Power Bowls Chicken Feta & Farro
This is one of the best frozen family dinners for people who don’t like a lot of spice in their food or have kids who cannot tolerate spicy foods. The Healthy Choice Power Bowls Chicken Feta & Farro is made with organic chicken breast and has other ingredients such as garlic oregano sauce, leafy greens, chickpeas and farro. Owing to the Mediterranean taste of this dish, the spice levels are low. The dish also has feta cheese.
See also: Best Frozen Meals – Healthy
14. Saffron Road Chicken Pad Thai with Rice Noodles
Add a Thai touch to your family dinners by trying out one of the best frozen family dinners for you as well as your kids, Saffron Road Chicken Pad Thai with Rice Noodles. This dish has sauteed vegetables, white meat chicken and rice noodles which is all brought together in a scrumptious and heavenly Thai-style peanut sauce. People who have nuts or peanuts allergy might want to stay away from this one.
15. 365 Everyday Value Organic Spinach & Feta Individualized Size Pizza
If you are looking to eat pizzas for dinner with your family but wish for them to be incredibly healthy, we recommend buying something that has organic vegetables such as organic spinach in it. The 365 Everyday Value Organic Spinach & Feta Individualized Size Pizza is one of the best frozen family dinners since it comes with organic spinach and is also very high in calcium.
- One 13 oz Marie Callender’s Fettuccini With Chicken and Broccoli frozen meal
- Warm, creamy chicken pasta that's easy to prepare
16. Evol Hawaiian Style Grilled Chicken
Bring some Hawaiian flavors to your dinner table and enjoy with your family the Evol Hawaiian Style Grilled Chicken. This frozen meal has pineapples, water chestnuts, grillen chicken and red bell peppers. With no preservatives in the entire meal, the Evol Hawaiian Style Grilled Chicken is finally served with pineapple teriyaki sauce. It also has very low sodium as compared to other frozen meals which makes it very healthy to eat this regularly.
17. Chicken Tikka Masala
This is one of the most succulent and tender frozen dishes since the Chicken Tikka Masala brings amazing flavors and organic ingredients all in one plate. If you aren’t afraid of dinners that have some smoky flavors and spice in them, this is a go-to option for you any day.
18. Amy’s: Broccoli & Cauliflower In Cheese Sauce
This gluten-free frozen dinner from Amy’s is one of the best frozen family dinners you can have with your family. The Amy’s Broccoli & Cauliflower In Cheese Sauce allows you to enjoy the nutrients of broccoli and cauliflower in a very flavorful manner. The broccoli and cauliflower used in this meal are grown organically and the entire meal is nut-free as well as kosher.
19. Devour: Buffalo Mac & Cheese
Another Mac and Cheese frozen dinner that you can try out is the Devour Buffalo Mac & Cheese. This frozen dinner has seasoned buffalo chicken along with spicy cheddar cheese as well as blue cheese to add a different flair of flavor in your bowl. This meal also contains milk, eggs, soy and wheat.
- (Packaging May Vary) Six (6) 6 oz trays
- Specially designed to meet your toddler's developmental needs
20. Trader Joe’s: Trader Giotto’s Mushroom Ravioli
This Italian-style family dinner includes fresh ravioli that is stuffed with flavorful ricotta cheese and mushrooms. It also comes with tasty mushroom sauce along with chunks of tasty mushrooms such as Champignon and Porcini.
21. Trader Joe’s: Joe’s Diner Mac & Cheese
This frozen dinner comes with a big-sized tray of scrumptious Mac and Cheese that;s incredibly healthy since it’s low in sodium and cholesterol. When heated in the microwave for three to four minutes, this dinner is ready and the macaroni is also incredibly soft. This is one of the best frozen family dinners if you are looking for a healthier Mac and Cheese.
1. Are frozen dinners healthy?
Frozen dinners get a lot of bad rap for being unhealthy however if you pick brands that offer lean cuisines, low sodium and cholesterol meals and are vegan or gluten free, frozen dinners can be quite healthy to have on a regular basis. This is true for not just adults but also kids.
2. Is it OK to eat frozen meals every day?
While most people recommend not to eat frozen dinners everyday for every meal, if you pick a brand that offers healthier meals, you are good to go. We recommend not making all your meals for the day frozen meals but one frozen dinner a day is okay. Remember to look for brands that offer low sodium, low cholesterol and gluten free alternatives.
3. How long do dinners last in the freezer?
Frozen dinners can last you a very long time if you store them properly. Keep them sealed and wrapped in your freezer and most frozen dinners stay fresh and healthy for at least three to six months. However, if you open the seal, ensure that you consume it within two to three days.
Last update on 2023-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API