Table of Contents Hide
Do you love eating frozen meals but want to undergo a diet in the hopes of losing significant weight or getting healthier?
Years back, the very concept of dieting using frozen meals would be unthinkable, but now, thanks to the advancements in the frozen foods industry and the growing demand for healthier, convenient meals worldwide, you can do just that.
In fact, many now believe that frozen foods can get people back to a much healthier lifestyle. This brought forth several dieting plans revolving solely around frozen meals. In this article, we will be discussing one that caught our attention the most.
Below is a basic frozen meal plan that we love. Not only are the frozen meals we will be discussing below tasty and a pleasure to consume, but they are also incredibly accessible – you can practically buy them at any supermarket or grocery store. Thus, giving you little to no reason not to participate in said frozen meal plan.
With that out of the way, let us now discuss this lovely basic frozen meal plan that we just cannot recommend enough.
The Frozen Meal Plan
The plan we found involves well-known frozen food brands such as Healthy Choice, Smart Ones, and Lean Cuisine, with the addition of fresh vegetables, fruit, and low-fat dairy products. The brands incorporated in this frozen meal plan all specialize in producing top-quality frozen food products that keep pushing the boundary of what it takes to be considered a healthy frozen meal.
Furthermore, the meal plan itself is purportedly designed by a dietician to be nutritionally adequate and help you to achieve an average weight loss of one to two pounds per week. That is, as long as you strictly adhere to the plan’s rules and recommendations.
The Frozen Meal Plan Rules
Here are the rules you must strictly obey as you go through this frozen meal dieting plan. Worry not, they are straightforward and easy to follow.
- You will be given a daily calorie allowance based on your current weight. As per recent studies, the recommended calorie intake for an average man for breakfast is 300 – 400 calories. As you start to lose weight your calorie intake should be adjusted accordingly.
- Each day you will eat a healthy light breakfast, one frozen meal for lunch, and another for dinner. Even though most frozen meals included in the plan already contain vegetables, it is advisable to add an extra four servings of vegetables to your daily meals. Notably, at least three of them should be non-starchy vegetables.
- You also have to consume three servings of fruit daily and two cups of nonfat milk. If you don’t enjoy drinking nonfat milk at all, try going for nonfat yogurt, fortified soy milk, or fat-free cheese.
- As a reward, you may choose one tasty treat daily from a list of recommended options. This includes cakes, cookies, ice cream, and popcorn. Just make sure that what you consume is less than 100 calories and just one per day.
- Drinking alcohol is discouraged while participating in the diet plan as it is high in calories and tends to increase the likelihood of making unhealthy food choices. If you cannot help indulging from time to time, you can substitute one glass of wine or light beer in place of a treat. You may do so two times a week.
- While following the frozen meal plan, it is recommended that you take a daily multivitamin and 1200 milligrams of fish oil. This is to ensure that all of your nutritional needs are met.
- Complementing the frozen meal plan with exercise would indeed be great, but it is not required for this particular weight loss program. If you want to do daily physical activities along with it, then great.
Here is a list of the recommended foods that you can consume while under the diet plan.
- Frozen Meals (Healthy Choice, Smart Ones, and Lean Cuisine)
- Slim fast shakes
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables
- Whole grain cereal
- Whole wheat bread
- Nonfat yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Skim milk
- Egg whites
- Light peanut butter
- Microwave popcorn
- Baked potato chips
- Weight Watcher’s ice cream bars
- Low calorie salad dressings
- Diet soda
Sample Daily Diet Schedule
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of Honey Nut Cheerios
- Chips Ahoy 100 calorie pack (1 treat per day)
- Caesar salad
- Progresso 99% Fat Free Lentil Minestrone
- ½ cup of grapes
- 1 cup of nonfat yogurt
- Lean Cuisine Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli
Pros and Cons
Below is a straightforward table detailing the pros and cons of the particular frozen meal diet plan.
|It is easy to understand; any person can get started with it right away|
The products involved in the diet plan are very accessible
A fairly cheap frozen meal diet plan
Frozen meals are convenient for a busy lifestyle; if you always find yourself lacking time, this diet plan would suit you well
Encourages food journaling, which has been associated with a greater chance of successful weight loss
Recommends a safe and realistic rate of weight loss; it does not pressure dieters unlike other meal plans
Includes a wide selection of meal ideas and recipes
The meal plan is friendly to vegetarians
Created by a dietitian
Does not require doing any physical activities to be effective
|Will certainly not appeal to dieters who don’t enjoy or aren’t a fan of eating frozen and processed foods|
It does no provide guidance or support for dealing with psychological factors involved in weight management
Dieters are required to create their own meal plan from the options provided and keep track of calories on their own
Not suitable for vegans
Sodium intake maybe higher than currently recommended due to the amount of frozen meals dieters will be consuming, however, it is still below FDA limits
What we have here is but one of the countless diet plans centered around frozen meals easily found on the internet. Due to the convenient and accessible nature of frozen foods and the other recommended foods involved in the meal plan, it will appeal to busy dieters who don’t necessarily require much support provided by various weight loss clubs or groups.
If you enjoy eating frozen meals and hoping to lose weight, may we interest you in reading our article about the best frozen foods for weight loss as well.