Table of Contents Hide
- Top Rated Hot Dog Bun Brands
- Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns Recipe
- Making burger buns
Are you searching for the best hot dog buns? Keep reading DADONG will help you to find out the answer to the most incredible hot dog bun.
Are you planning a party? Do you want to have a great time enjoying good food with your family? Then probably, you will have hot dogs on the menu. Hot dogs are everyone’s favorite food.
You probably have made hot dog buns and have ended up disappointed because the bun was not up to the mark. The list we have curated for you will solve your problem. Go through the details of the hot dog bun brands and choose any of them. These hot dog buns are guaranteed to help you cook the tastiest hot dog. You can even use these buns to make hamburgers.
Top Rated Hot Dog Bun Brands
To help you buy the best hot dog buns, we have chosen nine of the best brands of 2021. These are the best options in the market. We have information about each of these brands for you. Go through them and choose the one you like.
Each of these buns has something special about them. If you like soft buns, we have buns listed for you to buy. If you like a curry bun, we even have that. In case you prefer a bun that is mild so the hot dog or ham taste stands out, we have a bun for that. There is also a bun for those who prefer homemade buns. You can even buy more than one brand for variety if you wish![amazon bestseller=”hot dog buns” items=”6″ template=”list”]
Oroweat’s Potato Hot Dog Buns
First, on our list is the potato hot dog bun from Oroweat. This is one of the best hot dog buns for you if you are partial to potatoes. For all those who love curry bread, they would love to eat a delicious hot dog made from potato buns. It is a natural product with no added preservatives and no artificial flavors or colors. Most importantly, it does not have high fructose corn syrup. If you don’t like a too sweet taste in the bun, then this is the product for you.[amazon box=”B000R4HQW4″ template=”horizontal”]
Twist Select’s Artisan-Style Hot Dog Buns
One of the top brands is Twist select’s artisan-style buns. Artisan buns are those made naturally without mass production, thereby ensuring a better taste. These buns are fermented longer and will be soft inside with a crisp crust. If your choice is good tasting buns that are not too expensive, then you can consider this product. It is not just the taste that is good but also the quality. When you compare different white bread types, you will find this to the best in taste.
Ball Park’s Hot Dog Buns
Ball Park’s hot dog buns makes it to our list thanks to its amazing taste. These buns are one of the most popular ones in the market. You would have found them being used by vendors in baseball games or at a regional vendor. The excellent quality of this bun is why it is preferred at cookouts. The bun is tender. While not having a variety of flavors, the excellent texture is what makes this one of the best hot dog buns. If you are planning a party, then this is the hot dog bun to buy.
Wonder Bread’s Classic Hot Dog Buns
This product from Wonder Bread comes in a 13 oz pack and has eight buns that a pre-sliced for your convenience. This is one of the American classic hot dog buns preferred by all those who love hot dogs. The key benefits of this product is that it is low fat and also free from cholesterol. The unique feature of this bun is its soft texture. If you prefer your hot dog bun to be soft, then go ahead and get this bun. It is a family classic product that everyone would love.
Franz’s Hot Dog Buns
This classic hot dog bun comes from a group that runs a family-owned bakery. Their traditional recipe for making this bun gives it an amazing taste, which is why it is so popular. This is a homemade hot dog bun. Homemade buns have a different taste from the factory produced ones. You can make out the difference when you take the first bite. If your preference is for a soft bun that is fresh and delicious, then you can choose Franz’s hot dog buns. The buns have zero trans fat and very little fructose corn syrup.[amazon box=”B01IH5Y4P6″ template=”horizontal”]
Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted Whole Grain Hot Dog Buns
Are you concerned about your health? Are you worried that eating too much of wheat bread can cause problems? If so, then the whole grain hot dog buns from Angelic Bakehouse is the best product for you. These buns are not merely made from whole wheat but from sprouted wheat grains so they are all the more healthy. It is an allergen-friendly bun that is vegan and kosher. It has a rich flavor that takes a bit of time to get adjusted to. Once you start using it, you will want this product every time.
Value Corner’s Hot Dog Buns
This is yet another soft hot dog bun. If you are a lover of soft buns, then you are sure to like this product. It has a unique taste that you will experience when you bite into it. Guaranteed to melt in your mouth. Each bun has 110 calories. It has no saturated fat. Sodium is 170 mg and it has 1 g sugar only. The bun is made from wheat and soy. It is a low cholesterol bun that is safe to eat.
Stroehmann White Hamburger Buns
If you prefer a hamburger where the ham dominates the taste than the bun, then this is the right product for you. It has a mild taste and is tender. This makes it best suited for hamburgers.
King’s Hawaiian Hot Dog Buns
Hawaiian sweet bread is a popular bread that many like. The classic recipe is now used to make hot dog buns. If you like your hot dog bun sweetish, then you can go with King’s Hawaiian Hot Dog Buns. The product is offered in a 12 oz pack and contains twelve hot dog buns.[amazon box=”B01CTR4XEU” template=”horizontal”]
Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns Recipe
If you love hamburgers and hot dogs, there is nothing more satisfying than making your own buns at home. Buying buns from a store is easy. But the taste of your hot dog depends on the bun you buy. If you want the perfect bun for your hot dog, it is best that you bake it yourself. Baking hot dog buns or hamburger buns is not so difficult.
We have a recipe to make the best hot dog buns. Follow it to create the tastiest buns. You can note the key details about this recipe, including the time needed that is given below.
- Total time taken = 11 hours 10 minutes.
- Prepares = 12 hot dog rolls.
- Preparation time = 40 minutes.
- Proof time = 10 hours.
- Cooking time = 30 minutes.
- 17.6 oz all-purpose flour 4 US cups.
- Two teaspoons of dry active yeast.
- One and a half teaspoon of salt.
- One tablespoon of sugar.
- Half a cup of hot milk.
- Half to three fourth cup of warm water.
- One egg.
- Two tablespoons softened butter or oil.
- Extra oil for the bowl.
- One egg for the egg wash.
- Sesame seeds for the egg wash (optional).
- You need a mixing bowl for the dry ingredients. To this bowl, add the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast.
- Take another bowl and add water, egg, and milk to it. Whisk them together well. Ensure the water is warm and not hot. If you use hot water, it can kill the yeast.
- Use your mixer (the paddle attachment and dough whisk) and blend the dry ingredients in it. Then add the contents of the bowl with the wet ingredients and blend it well.
- Use the dough hook of the rack mixer and knead the dough well. Add around a quarter cup of water and knead for around five minutes. Do this until you get a dough that is smooth. Ensure the dough is not dry. The key here is not to add too much dough.
- Add the oil or butter and knead for another eight minutes. You should get a dough that is smooth, shiny, and sticky.
- Add a bit of oil to the bowl and keep the dough in it. Preferably cover the dough with a plastic wrap well. Store it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours or at least 24 hours. In case you want to make the buns on the same day, cover with a wrap and keep in a warm place until the dough rises. You can put the oven in preheat for around 5 minutes, turn it off, and keep the dough in it. The dough should rise to double the size.
- If you are planning to bake the bread after taking it out from the fridge, then put the cold dough on a surface with flour on it. Dust flour to avoid it from becoming sticky.
- Your dough is now ready to make the hot dog buns. You can either use the cutting method or shaping method to prepare the buns for baking.
Cutting method for the hot dog buns
- Once the dough is ready roll it in a rectangle shape. Its size should be around 16 inches long and 4 or 5 inches in diameter.
- Now cut the dough into ten equal parts, along the length.
- Take the ten dough pieces and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Make sure you leave around 1.5-inch space between each piece.
Shaping method for the hot dog buns
- In this method, just cut the dough into ten equal segments.
- Take each of the segments and knead it so you get a smooth ball of dough.
- Roll the dough ball to the shape of bread (5-inch x 4 inches).
- Now, tightly roll up the dough to make a cylinder.
- Tuck the dough from the edges and pinch to seal the seams.
- You need to do this for each of the dough segments.
- Once all the segments are ready place them in a baking tray with parchment paper lining. Leave 2-inch space between each segment.
As you would have noticed, the shaping method takes more time but you will get a perfectly shaped hot dog bun.
Making burger buns
In case you want to make a hamburger, then you need to make burger buns instead of hot dog buns. Here is how you can do it once the dough is ready.
- Depending on the size of the bun you want, you can make either eight or ten segments from the dough.
- Roll on your palm to make a smooth ball.
- Place the balls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave 3 inches of space between each ball.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap. Wait for 45 minutes until it rises. The time can vary depending on the weather conditions.
- Now preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius. Preheat for 30 minutes.
- Make an egg wash (you can add sesame seeds to the egg if you wish) and brush the rolls lightly.
- Keep it to bake in the preheated oven. You will need around 15 or 20 minutes to bake them.
- They must be golden brown in color and when you tap them, they should sound hollow.
- Take the baked rolls out from the oven. Allow it to cool.
Your buns are now ready. Eat preferably on the same day after baking. In case you want to refrigerate, keep it in an airtight container.
Tips & Tricks
NOTE (About the dough):
- If you want to get the best results, use measurements accurately. Use weight instead of cups. If you use cups, the dough may become tender.
- When you make the dough, take care to ensure it is sticky and wet at the beginning. When this happens, you will get a smooth and shiny dough once you finish kneading.
- At any rate, never add more dough than the recipe calls for.
We hope you liked our recipe for the hot dog/burger buns. The recipe will help you make the best quality buns. Do ensure you follow the instructions as given. The ingredients must be exactly as per the measurements indicated. Once your buns are ready, use them to make the tastiest hot dogs or hamburgers.
The nine products listed in the article will help you make the best hot dogs. In case you prefer baking the buns, we have given you an easy to make a recipe for the same. This is handy in case you like baking. You can bake hot dog buns that are golden brown outside and soft inside.
Use these buns to make tasty hot dogs and hamburgers. Call your friends over for a party. We guarantee you they will like these great hot dogs.