Table of Contents Hide
- Top Cake Pan Brands 2021
- Fat Daddio’s PRD-1BOX Anodized Aluminum
- Wilton Easy Layers! Loaf Cake Pan Sets
- Fat Daddio’s PCC-33 Round Cheesecake Pan
- Wilton Performance Pans Aluminum Square Cake and Brownie Pan
- Baker’s Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan
- Wilton Perfect Outcomes Premium Non-Stick 9-Inch Fluted Tube Pan
- Springform Pan Set, Cake Pan Bakeware Cheese Cake Pan
- Greatest Cake Pans FAQs
- Buying Guide
If you love baking, then you would understand the importance of having a good cake pan in your kitchen. You may be an expert baker but without the right baking pan, your skills will be wasted. The list curated for you below can help you find the best cake pan. The article provides extensive information on cake pan brands. You will find reviews of cake pans along with information on the pros and cons of each brand. This will help you in choosing the best brand.
This article also acts as a buying guide. You can find out where to buy the best cake pans. You also get information on different types of baking pans.
Top Cake Pan Brands 2021
Your search for the best cake pan is now complete. The following list of seven brands will help you in choosing the best one. Our list has seven of the top brands in the market. Go through the review to get a complete picture of each of these brands:
Fat Daddio’s PRD-1BOX Anodized Aluminum
Fat Daddio’s PRD-1BOX fits one cake mix box. Anodized Aluminum is the material used to make this product. It offers the best surface for baking. The ‘Safe seal’ feature ensures it is durable and also non-reactive. This ensures that detergent and oil tastes do not get into your cake spoiling its taste. The cake pan reflects heat instead of absorbing it. This makes it reach the required temperature faster. It ensures even heating of the cake.
Once the cake is baked, it ensures that it cools fast. This is important and it prevents over baking that could spoil your cake. The single most positive feature of this product is its high quality. This makes it one of the popular products.
- It offers three different pans in one package, each of different sizes.
- Made from anodized aluminum, it is the ideal surface for baking.
- It does not have harmful chemical coatings that can pose a risk.
- The heating happens evenly and the cooling is also quick.
- It is the ideal product if you are a professional baker who wants the best.
- Inconsistency in the brand is an issue.
- You need to be careful while washing since the rim has a very sharp edge.
- Ideal for any recipe - Designed for round tiered and layered cakes, and deep-dish pizzas.
- Perfect Fit - Fits 8-quart pressure cookers and 5.3 & 10-quart air fryers. Interior measures 8" x 3" (20.3 x 7.6 cm), overall 9" x 3" (22.9 x 7.6 cm).
Wilton Easy Layers! Loaf Cake Pan Sets
This set of loaf cake pan sets from Wilton allows you to easily make a five-layer cake. All you need is just one cake mix for this. You can make a rainbow cake or a chocolate cake with multiple fillings using this product. Wilton’s product is named Easy layer thanks to the ease it offers to make layered cakes.
The heavy-duty aluminum used ensures the durability of the product. You can expect a product that lasts long. The silicone surface on the pan is very handy. It allows you to pop the cake out easily without cake pieces getting stuck in the pan.
- It has a silicone surface and made using heavy-duty aluminum making it durable.
- A great option for professional baking.
- It is made from a material that is safe to wash in the dishwasher. You can even freeze and microwave it.
- Using this product as well as cleaning it is pretty easy.
- It gives you four pans in one package.
- The size of the pans are a bit small and can be an issue if you want to bake a larger cake.
Fat Daddio’s PCC-33 Round Cheesecake Pan
This pan, as the name suggests is meant to bake cheesecake. However, they can be used for many other cakes, especially upside-down cakes. If you are planning to bake a Tiramisu or an ice-cream cake then this is the right pan for you. The pan is made from Anodized aluminum and thus reflects heat allowing for quicker heating and an even baking.
This is the same product that is used in bakeries and is durable. The company offers a lifetime warranty for the product. It has a non-stick coating surface that makes it easy to take the cake out after the baking is done. Apart from cakes, it is good to bake brownies and other cookies that are bar-shaped.
- It is made from durable material and will last long.
- A lifetime warranty is offered, which is a great reason to buy it.
- It heats quickly and also cools quickly. This allows for even baking.
- Ideal for professional baking.
- Useful for upside-down cakes.
- The label on the bottom of the pan doesn’t come off easily.
- A bit small in size.
Wilton Performance Pans Aluminum Square Cake and Brownie Pan
This square cake and brownie pan from Wilton makes it to our list. Don’t go by the product name. It is not just cakes and brownies you can bake but also bread and cheesecakes. Wilton is one of the best cake pans and its products are reliable. Made from heavy-gauge aluminum, you can expect durability.
It is a premium bakeware product. The aluminum used ensures the heat is distributed evenly. This allows you to get a light-gold finish to the cake that makes it look all the more attractive. The pan is 2-inch deep and allows you to make higher cakes. If you are planning to make a multi-layered professional-looking cake, then this is a good product.
- It is durable and comes from a top brand.
- Can be used to bake multiple products.
- It is broad in size.
- Simple to use and to clean.
- The pan can be a bit tricky.
- Great for making layer and tiered cakes
- Heavy gauge aluminum construction ensures even heating and long wear; generous 2 inch depth for higher cakes
Baker’s Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan
Next on our list is the non-stick brownie pan from Baker’s Edge. This is a unique zigzag shaped pan. The pan has three interior walls and the result is a brownie slice with two crunchy edges. It is made of heavy-duty aluminum with coating inside as well as outside. The benefit is that it is easy to clean and doesn’t leave behind a mess. It is simple and easy to bake brownies using this pan.
This pan is ideal for all brownie lovers. If you want the best brownie pan, then you need not look anywhere else. It is a quality product that is durable and reliable. It comes with a spatula and brownie recipes to boot.
- It is durable.
- Being non-sticky it is convenient to use.
- It has a handle making it easy to use.
- There is no chemical coating used.
- It is easy to clean and makes baking a joy.
- Helps you bake great brownies with the perfect edge.
- The unique design can be an issue while pouring the batter.
Wilton Perfect Outcomes Premium Non-Stick 9-Inch Fluted Tube Pan
Wilton is one of the best pans and offers a set of two tube pans with unique designs. The design allows you to experiment while baking and come out with innovatively designed cakes. It is a dishwasher safe product that is easy to use and easy to clean. A limited ten-year warranty is offered on this product. A unique feature of this product is that it is made from steel. This makes it completely resistant to corrosion and enhances its durability.
The product is lightweight making it easy to handle. There are no deep grooves in the pan making it convenient for cleaning. It is a non-stick product that gives you a trouble-free experience of baking a cake.
- It is a durable product that is reliable.
- You get two pans when you buy the product.
- There is a ten-year limited warranty.
- The biggest benefit is that you can show your creativity in baking.
- Easy to use and easy to clean, can be dish-washed.
- It is a bit small in size.
Springform Pan Set, Cake Pan Bakeware Cheese Cake Pan
There is no doubt that this is one of the best value for money products out there in the market. When you buy this product, you get three pans of different sizes (4, 7, and 9-inch pans). Along with the pans, you will also get 50 parchment paper liners for use during baking.
The pan is safe for use in the oven and can withstand up to 450 degrees heat. It is a high-quality product that is effective. The Springform buckle that comes with the product makes it easy and convenient to take out the cake once it is baked. You can make cheesecake, mousse, quiche, and more.
- It is a reliable product that lasts long.
- You get three different pans with paper liners when you buy this product.
- It comes with a six-month warranty.
- It is oven-safe.
- The product is non-toxic and has a non-stick coating.
- It is not 100% leak-proof, which may be an issue.
- PROFESSIONAL SPRINGFORM PAN SET includes 3 piece non-stick pans (6 inch, 8 inch, 10 inch) and 6 inch, 8 inch, 10 inch parchment paper liners (each size has 50 pieces).
- PERFECT FOR MAKING ALL YOUR FAVORITES like cheesecake, mousse, quiche, coffee cake and any similar recipe where you can't turn the pan upside down to remove the cake. These pans can be used to create beautiful three layer cakes suited for any occasion.
Read more: Best Bundt Pan Review 2021
Greatest Cake Pans FAQs
Just how much batter fits in baking pans?
To be a good baker, you need to know exactly how much batter to use in the cake pan. If you are a professional baker, then your experience will tell you what is to be done. If you bake occasionally then this can be a problem. The amount of batter to fill in the cake pan depends on its size. Since cake pans vary in size, you need to look at the pan before deciding.
An important thing to note is that you must never fill the pan to the brim with batter. This is because the cake would rise and there must be a place for it to rise. If you fill it to the brim the cake will fall of causing a mess.
Follow these instructions to understand the right amount of batter to fill in the pan:
- First, fill the pan with water to the brim. Keep a measuring cup with you on hand. This will tell you how many cups you need to fill the pan.
- Calculate how many cups of water you used. Now using this, you can decide the number of cups of batter to use. This depends on the size of the pan.
- If you have a 1-inch or 2-inch pan, then you need to keep 50% of the full capacity as the batter size. Let us assume you used 4 cups of water to fill the pan. 50% or half of it is 2 cups. So, use 2 cups of batter and your cake will come out fine.
If your pan is 3 or 4 inches in size, then the calculation slightly differs. You need to fill the pan up to two-thirds of its capacity. If you need 6 cups of water, then 2/3 of 6 is 4. So, you need to fill 4 cups of batter in the pan.
Where can I buy baking pans?
Baking pans are a common kitchen utensil and you can buy them anywhere. They are available in all major department stores. You can visit shops that sell utensils and such products to buy them. They are available on Amazon and all other major online shopping sites. Ordering online can be convenient.
Now that you have gone through our list, you have a clear idea of the best products available in the market. You now know the top cake pans on offer and so can make your decision easier.
While you can go ahead and buy any of the products listed, there are other things to know about. This is why we have a buying guide to help you buy your cake pan. There are different types of cake pans available in the market and you need to know all about them. Each of the cake pans has unique features that can help you bake the cake of your choice.
You need to know about the different types of cake pans so you can decide the one you want. IT again boils down to what types of cake you want to bake. Do you like to experiment and bake various cakes? Do you prefer only cheesecake? Are brownies the only type of cake you like? The types of cake you would like to bake will help you choose the right pan.
You need to have a pan that is sufficiently large. It must conduct heat steadily and must not be too heavy. Keeping these points in mind, the buying guide below will help you. The guide will also tell you what to do if you already have a cake pan with you.
This type of cake pan is the most common. These are the types of pans that you will easily find in any department store or supermarket. The pain is non-stick, which is now a common feature in all cake pans. The non-stick feature ensures that the batter doesn’t stick to the bottom. Removing the pan would be easy with a non-stick pan.
The nesting feature in this pan refers to the angled pan face. This can be a problem when you bake the cake. The crust may become dark or have cracks on the top. The bottom can be thick and brown ruining the look and taste of the cake.
The reason for this could be because the batter was overheated. Too quick heating of the pan can also cause these problems. Since cake batters are usually thin, quick heating can create a problem. It can cause the air bubbles to move out causing a sticky coating. If the pan is dark and shallow then the surface can become low. It also can cause over baking making the cake dry.
In case you have this kind of a pan with you, then you may have experienced these problems. The best solution would be to get a new pan. In case you want to use the pan for some more time and don’t want a new one immediately, then we have a quick fix for you.
The problem of overheating and too quick heating can be solved by using an empty sheet pan. Place this at the bottom rack of your oven. This will help in preventing overheating and ensures stable heat. This can allow the cake to bake properly without causing any problems.
You can use a thermometer to check the temperature. You can even consider soaking cake strips and wrapping them around your pan. This can help insulate the pan preventing problems. All these are temporary fixes. It is better you get a new pan.
Straight-Sided, Stainless -Steel
This type of pan is made from stainless steel. This is an ideal type of pan to bake a cake. They are well-suited because they heat fast and the heat is uniform. With a cooking sheet, you can bake cakes comfortably using this type of pan. These are straight-sided pans. They are dishwasher-safe and you can clean them easily.
These pans have a thick metal gauge. It also has a reflective coating. What this does is slows the heat conduction in the pan. This is another factor that ensures the batter gets heated uniformly. This helps you bake the best cake. The layout of the pan is straight-sided. The benefit is the border of the cake makes a right angle. This makes it easy to frost the cake.
They are a bit expensive but the money is worth it. You can bake a wake that has no wrinkles on it. The crust would be light. Some of these pans may be non-stick. If so, you need to have a cooking sheet to prevent the batter from sticking to the pan. Without this, you can end up with a mess, and cleaning up can be a pain.
Aluminum is one of the most common metals used to make cake pans. While these pans bake well, there are two problems. One is it may react with the ingredients used in the batter. The second is that over time it corrodes if exposed to acidic ingredients. This is why today anodized aluminum is used. The anodizing ensures that the metal does not corrode.
Anodizing is where the aluminum is electrochemically treated. The anodizing helps to increase the oxidized layer thickness. This strengthened layer doesn’t chip off and is properly integrated with the aluminum that is below. Another key benefit is that it is non-reactive.
It is also scratch-resistant. If you use batters with acidic materials like lemon juice, brown sugar, etc., then you don’t have to worry about the metal reacting with the aluminum surface.
This is the best type of baking pans if you are baking many cakes. If you want to bake professional-looking cakes then choose this type of pan.
Straight-Sided, Anodized-Aluminum, Extra-Deep
Anodized aluminum is the best option to bake cakes. The straight-sided design protects the cake ensuring it comes out well. This type of pan is similar to the one mentioned below but has one main difference. The main difference is that it is extra deep that gives you an advantage while baking.
It is an ultra-heavy type of pan. While you may feel that a light pan is better, a heavy pan has its own benefits. You can use these pans to make deep-dish cheesecakes. The pan has long sides that make the cake turn out light with a delicate crust.
It gives the cake protection from the direct heat of the oven. If you have ovens that tend to heat up more, then these pans would be helpful.
Straight-Sided, Anodized-Aluminum, Extra-Deep, 9-Inch
This type of baking pan is similar to the one mentioned previously, the difference being that it is 9-inch thick. This makes a difference in the type of cake you want to make. When you see a recipe, it would usually tell you the type of pan to use. If a 9-inch pan is recommended, using an 8-inch pan can cause problems.
An inch extra can make a lot of difference while baking. Since the pan is likely to be in the shape of a cylinder, an inch thickness makes the cake bigger. If you are recommended a 9-inch pan, then don’t use an 8 inch one and vice-versa. You may get the usage wrong resulting in the cake not being baked well.
We hope this information will help you to buy the best pan. The article also offered a buying guide to help you buy the right type of pan that meets your needs.
To sum up, while buying the best cake pan, get a metal pan. Avoid aluminum and instead, use anodized aluminum. The even distribution of heat is the main reason why you need this type of pan. The material used is durable and the pan you buy will last long.
When it comes to the color of the pan, you can either choose a light or dark pan depending on how you want the cake to be browned. Light color pans are best if you want a light-golden color cake.
While buying the pan, always go with a pan that has straight sides. The advantage of a straight side pan is that it ensures the cake will be perfect in shape. This will make it easy for decorating and frosting once the cake is baked.
Last update on 2023-01-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API